Tuesday 5 January 2010

Choux, Darlink

My next attempt at choux was slightly more fruitful. Following the same recipe as for the Paris Brest, I made another batch of choux pastry and this time piped out eclairs and choux buns/profiteroles. My oven was slightly kinder to me, and they turned out rather well!! Proof:






I also followed the same basic pastry cream recipe and then split it into 2 separate bowls, melted some milk chocolate (a handful of melts) and stirred it into one of them. When it all cooled down, I poked a hole into the bottom of each profiterole and piped in the chocolate pastry cream, and filled the eclairs with the vanilla pastry cream. I drizzle chocolate on both and sprinkled flakes almonds on the profiteroles,





and the end result was delicious; even if my drizzling was a bit rubbish. I was in a hurry!!!

Next post, French for dinner: ooh la la

1 comment:

  1. Yay! choux pastry! I have made profiteroles, but eclairs are still on my list of things to make. I think they look great :)

    ReplyDelete