Tuesday 21 September 2010

Pinxto Tapas Train

I always struggle deciding what to order at restaurants, and usually as soon as my meal arrives I feel remorse. That's why I love tapas, so many options, and I get to EAT THEM ALL!

Pinxtos at New Farm is awesome for tapas. They have a frikkin TRAIN of tapas, that's how awesome they are. Like sushi train, but tapas, which are like a million times better than sushi (despite living in japan, I've never really felt the sushi love, weird huh). So, my awesome friend Jayde is up visiting from Melbourne, and Pinxto have 2-4-1 tapas on tuesdays, so I booked us a seat on the train!

I was running late, because I got sidetracked looking at heavily discounted Poetic License shoes in DJ's (btw do I want a pair of black velvet heels with a cute metallic snakeskin heel?? y/n?) so when I arrived, my mate was already seated and knocking back sangria by the carafe, and smashing a bowl of mixed olives. I then commenced smashing sangrias and olives also. In the next 10 mins or so, we worked our way through skewers of manchego cheese, jamon serrano and quince paste, bread topped with tomato and chickpea puree and pickled garlic, tortilla, and a few other things I can't even remember but it was all awesome.

Then we started ordering hot delights from the menu, our waitress could see the hunger in our eyes and kept the food and service (and sangria) coming like our true savior. We worked our way through 2 plates each of croquettas, patatas bravas, calamares, scallops, chorizo and caramalised onion, prawns wrapped in jamon, and spinach and mushroom empanadas. ZOMG between us we ended up smashing about 16 plates of tapas, a litre of sangria, and the total bill was only about 60 bucks! ILU 2-4-1 tuesdays, and ILU Pinxto Spanish Taperia! Although now I can hardly move due to my enormous amount of overeating, but it was so totally worth it.

Check it, this isn't even all our plates!



Totally recommend you give Pinxto a shot, they have good deals on all the time, like $5 dessert nights, and $12 lunch deals which includes a spanish beer! Highly rated by Hungry-Hungry!! DO IT!

Pinxto Spanish Taperia
561 Brunswick St
New Farm
www.pinxto.com

No comments:

Post a Comment